Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thank You

in the morning
i awaken to the beat of my own heart
thankful that i’m not homeless
hungry or hustling on the street
begging by the parkway onramp for spare change
because my cup runs over
i have a roof over my head and my own blanket that i don’t have to share with an unwelcome stranger
looking for more than warmth
i have health and strength
and no need for assistance to get up and face the challenges of the day
my chaos has been transformed into peace by the Spirit of the Most High
i have rivers of living water flowing through my soul
and the floodgates of goodness and mercy are opened to me daily
my haters are stepping-stones to greatness
all they can do is watch me rise
mesmerized by the wonders of Your power
they marvel at your faithfulness
Your favor
and love
Thank You

~from "Hairstory"
(c) 2010 PoetryofMotion!
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment